About Dr Hepner
Dr Hepner has over 10 years experience in Clinical Neuropsychology and research in the behavioural and neurosciences. In private practice, Dr Hepner provides neuropsychological evaluations for clinical and medicolegal purposes. She has completed training in the assessment of permanent impairment and she has provided neuropsychological opinion for insurance providers, the Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, the Guardianship Tribunal, the Nurses and Midwives Tribunal, the District Court and the Supreme Court.
In the public sector, Dr Hepner holds a Clinical Neuropsychology position at the Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick where she is based at the Neuropsychiatric Institute and consults to the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Mental Health Rehabilitation, Cardiology, Nephrology and Respiratory Medicine. In the past, she has held Clinical Neuropsychology positions at the Westmead Cognition Clinic, Westmead Hospital and at the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit, Liverpool Hospital.
Dr Hepner currently works as a Research Consultant at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. In the past, she has held research positions at Macquarie University, The University of Sydney and the University of NSW.
- PhD and Master of Clinical Neuropsychology – Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, 2006
- BA(Hons) Psychology – Macquarie University, 2000.
- Expert Reviewer, Health Care Complaints Commission
- Training in Assessment of Permanent Impairment: Motor Accidents Authority and Comcare.
- Vivian Smith Advanced Studies Institute – The International Neuropsychological Society Summer Institute, Greece
- Registered Psychologist, Psychology Board of Australia – Endorsed Area of Practice: Neuropsychology
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and APS College of Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Member International Society of Behavioural Neuroscience
- Member of the Golden Key National Honour Society
- Consultant Neuropsychologist, Private Practice – Suite 614, St James Trust Building 185 Elizabeth Street Sydney
- Consultant Neuropsychologist, Private Practice – Suite 402 SAN Clinic 185 Fox Valley Rd Wahroonga
- Clinical Neuropsychologist – Neuropsychiatric Institute, The Prince of Wales Hospital
- Research Consultant – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Honorary Associate & Supervisor – Masters/Doctorate of Clinical Neuropsychology programme, Macquarie University
- Secretary NSW Section of the APS College of Clinical Neuropsychologists – 2009-2013
Referee and reviewer roles
- Referee – National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
- Reviewer – The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Reviewer – The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry
- Reviewer – The Australian Journal of Ageing
- Reviewer – Neurocase
- Clinical Neuropsychologist – Westmead Stroke Service and Cognitive Disorders Clinic, Westmead Hospital
- Research Officer/Postdoctoral Fellow, Memory and Ageing Study & fMRI in FTD study – The University of New South Wales
- Clinical Neuropsychologist – Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit, Liverpool Hospital
- Research Officer, Retrograde Memory in Epilepsy – The University of Sydney
- Neuropsychological Testing in a Medicolegal Context – Dr Jennifer Batchelor & Dr Suncica Lah
- Guest Tutor and Guest Lecturer – Macquarie University
- Research Officer, mild TBI in children – The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Research Officer, Cognitive outcomes in children with maternal PKU – The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Research Assistant, Department of Psychology – Macquarie University
Current research projects
- Predictors of carer distress – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Topographical Memory: Gender and Age Effects – Macquarie University and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- An fMRI study of patients with frontal lobe dysfunction and healthy subjects – Neuropsychiatric Institute, Prince of Wales Hospital
- FDG-Positron Emission Tomography in patients with the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia and healthy controls – Westmead Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital.
- Utility of the Addenbrooke's Cognitive Examination – Revised for the diagnosis of dementia syndromes - Terpening, Z., Cordato, N., Hepner, I.J., Lucas, S. & Lindley, R. (2011) – Australian Journal on Ageing. doi://10.1111/j.1741-6612.2010.00446.x
- Topographical, Autobiographical and Semantic Memory in a Patient with Bilateral Mesial Temporal and Retrosplenial Infarction - Hepner, I.J., Mohamed, A., Fulham, M.J. & Miller, L.A. (2007) – Neurocase, 13, 97-114
- Methadone disrupts performance on the working memory version of the Morris water task - Hepner, I.J., Homewood, J. & Taylor, A.J. (2002) – Physiology & Behavior, 76(1), 41-49
- Comparing Remote Autobiographical, Semantic and Topographical Memories in a Patient with Bilateral Mesial Temporal Infarctions - Hepner, I.J. & Miller, L.A (2004) – Brain Impairment, Abstracts of the 2004 Meeting of the Australian Society for the Study of Brain Impairment (ASSBI) and the International Neuropsychological Society (INS), 5, (Suppl), 25. Paper number 73231